An Aberdeen Developers .Net User Group member has informed me about a job opening at the University of Aberdeen. Details of the job are as follows:
We wish to appoint a programmer to join the programming team within the Health Services Research Unit at the University of Aberdeen. The team provides programming support and data management for multi-centre health care randomised trials and other research studies. This will include preparing randomisation schedules, setting up databases, and programming applications for data collection and assisting with the conduct of the studies (such as monitoring recruitment and scheduling participant follow up).
You should have a relevant degree in computing with demonstrable programming experience. Experience of creating dynamic web applications using ASP.NET and C# and knowledge of database design within SQL Server (2005 or later) is essential. It is anticipated that the project activities will be completed within 2 years of the agreed post start date. This appointment will be made subject to the usual terms and conditions of employment of the University.
Informal enquiries may be made to Gladys McPherson (tel: 01224 438176 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- First degree in computing or a relevant subject
- Experience which demonstrates the skills and capabilities to operate at this level
- Experience of creating dynamic web applications using ASP.NET
- Experience of database design within SQL Server
- Experience of Microsoft Office and knowledge of full software development cycle
- Extensive previous experience of working in software development
- The ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary research team
- Ability to communicate software specifications clearly either orally or in writing
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as possessing good administrative skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
If you are interested in this position, you should visit the University of Aberdeen Careers page by doing:
- Navigate to www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs
- Click "External Applicants"
- Search by post ref number: 1218141 (or by "programmer")
The closing date for applications is 9th January 2012.comments powered by Disqus