Aberdeen Developers are pleased to present a talk by Gary Ewan Park, on Thursday 21st April 2016 at the Robert Gordon University.
Having your Cake, and eating to too!
- Have you ever wanted to create a build script for your application, but been faced with learning a new language, or DSL, or writing more XML than any person should ever need to?
- Have you ever wanted to create a build script that will work cross platform?
- Have you ever wanted to create a build script that has first class support for the most common build tools like XUnit, WiX, SignTool, and many others?
- Have you ever wanted to create a build script that uses a language that you already know, and love?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then the Cake (https://cakebuild.net/) Build Automation System is for you!
In this session we will start with a standard .Net Solution and incrementally add a build and orchestration script to compile the application, run unit tests, perform static analysis, package the application, and more, using the C# skills that you may already have.
Gary Ewan Park has been developing on the .Net Platform for almost 9 years. His day job sees him developing using ASP.NET, AngularJS, and WPF, for Oil Companies working in the North Sea.
In his spare time, Gary contributes to a number of Open Source projects including Chocolatey, Boxstarter, Cake, psake and GitVersion.
Agenda - Thursday, 21st April 2016
- 1800 - 1825: Arrival and registration
- 1825 - 1830: Introduction
- 1830 - 1930: Having your Cake, and eating to too!
- 1930 Onwards: Questions & Answers followed by Prize Draw
Location and Directions
Venue: Room N309, Riverside East Building, Garthdee Campus, Aberdeen, Aberdeen City AB10 7QQ, GB
Directions: Map showing Garthdee Campus
All attendees will be entered into a prize draw, with the chance of winning one of the prizes from our fantastic sponsors.comments powered by Disqus