NOTE: Unfortunately, we have had to cancel this event. I am going to try to re-schedule it for later in the year, but for now, the event will NOT be happening!
Aberdeen Developers are pleased to present a talk by Chris Canal on Thursday 1st November 2012 at the Robert Gordon University.
Single Page Application Development with backbone.js and Simple.Web
With the rise of smarter browser, single page applications are becoming more popular. In this session we will look at creating a full client side application with backbone.js, and use Simple.Web to run the server-side component of the application.
A lightweight, object-oriented (Model-View-Handler) framework for modern web development in .NET
Simple.Web Design Goals
- Keep it simple;
- It should be ridiculously easy to do TDD and/or BDD;
- Support asynchronous, non-blocking handling of requests;
- Make it easy to build a proper RESTful, hypermedia-driven application and services, including supporting content-type negotiation for all requests, including HTML;
- Be really open and extensible, because if people can write plug-ins and add-ons easily, I don't have to build all that stuff in.
Backbone.js gives structure to web applications by providing models with key-value binding and custom events, collections with a rich API of enumerable functions, views with declarative event handling, and connects it all to your existing API over a RESTful JSON interface.
Chris Canal has worked as a Web Developer for the past 11 years. Starting with procedural languages like ASP and PHP, he quickly moved onto the .NET Platform when first released. A great believer is continual-improvement, Chris is constantly looking for new technologies, tools and methodologies that will help in creating robust and maintainable software applications.
Chris currently works at StormId as a Senior Developer and Mentor, as well as trying to keep his manager from doing something crazy.
Agenda - Thursday, 1st November 2012
- 1800 - 1815: Arrival and registration
- 1815 - 1820: Introduction
- 1820 - 1920: Single Page Application Development with backbone.js and Simple.Web
- 1920 onwards: Questions and drinks at the bar
All attendees will be entered into a prize draw, with the chance of winning one of the prizes listed here.
Location and Directions
Venue: Room A12, RGU Building, St Andrews Street, Aberdeen, AB25 1HG Directions: Map showing St Andrews Streetcomments powered by Disqus